Thursday, January 22, 2015

Period 3 - Semester Final

1. My favorite photo is #5, the photo with the waves and the old lighthouse. I like this picture specifically because it is very colorful. I also like it because the rules of composition included in the photograph, combined, give it a very colorful and creative look out of an everyday situation. My third and final reason for liking this photo is because of its feel. The way the photo was captured from, you can see the sea spray washing up on the lighthouse and the rocks. These details make me feel like I am right there on the beach to experience this moment in real life.

2. I see photo #4 as being the best because of the rules of composition it displays. These rules are: Rule of Thirds, Space to Move, and Balance in the Photograph. It photo makes a situation as mundane as losing a hat seem so interesting and photogenic. Finally, I like it because of my love for airplanes, especially unique planes, such as the Air Force One.

3.I see my best work this semester in my very first blog post: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgy3iKpXCigP9f_dLegi3J8AoEy_mIR57zLvZ_MfIgT06E3-OZO-aoVVk0FCE8O3lmhf9vISgl75F9cufLtmEea9Lzuj9J2PP0QzJvefLY_A2sUFP5ax-O8PrvrkqseSi1VCk3EMTWGhWnd/s1600/20140918_111426.jpg.
I see this as my best work because I selected this photo out of 28 other photos and 15 of this exact same subject, the bell tower. This photo also used a combination of Rules of Composition that would later become some of my favorite rules, without even knowing of the Rules. I chose this one because it displays my school pride, this bell tower is symbolic and represents  Mission San Jose High School exclusively.

4. My three rules are: Natural framing, Rule of Thirds, and Depth of Field.

5.
      
This photo applies all three of my Rules of Composition: Natural framing, Rule of Thirds, and Depth of Field.

6. Your first Rule of Composition is the Rule of Thirds.

7. Benefits of working in a group:
     -You can ask your group for help
     -You can ask your group for advice
     -Knowing the people you are working with is beneficial
     -Being in a group can relieve some stress from an assignment
     -Being in a group can help with making difficult decisions

8. Difficulties of working in a group:
     -Group members can disagree
     -There may be conflicts
     -Sometimes you can get additional stress
     -Groups can sometimes influence you to make bad decisions
     -Disagreement can lead to conflict between friends

9. My favorite image taken by another person would be Gary Zeng's Portrait of Mr. Farley (with a box on his head): https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiDvOHenwBuGM_8nOcq30BUS79f-um77Q825ZC1I7c_FaoAz6FxnAMj7DLrHWP1AmO5gKjyEP7uNKPkUP2XuSsFnuXyt5Sljyj2jqm_SZdrCWyZaJAUdmJeIuAJ3EFqz_qDVacH0E_y9Xe8/s640/blogger-image-1503758909.jpg

10. Our master photographer was Clarence H. White. Clarence White was completely self-thought and was a founding member of the photo-secession movement. He also worked with more well-known photographers like Alfred Stieglitz.

11. Dorothea Lange's "Migrant Mother". Shot in Nipomo California. During February or March 1936. She was eployed by the Farm Security administration and and Resettlement Administration.

12. The creators of LIFE Magazine by John Ames Mitchell and Andrew Miller. It began publishing weekly on January 4th, 1883. They began publishing weeklies in 1978.

13. He founded Magnum Photos, and it started in Paris, 1947

14. Capa took the photo on September 5th, 1936 during the Spanish Civil War. Capa claimed he took the photo in the Spanish town of Cerro Muriano, but this is controversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment